FIRE EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLAN
FOH will assume the duty of fire marshal in the event of the alarm being raised. The sound of the alarm is a continuous siren.
When you hear the fire alarm:
Immediately check the control panel in the staff room to confirm the location of the “fire”.
· If it was detected somewhere else within the building, immediately make contact with building security and confirm the alarm is valid and an evacuation is necessary.
· If the alarm was triggered by a detector within Sweat IT, the control panel will indicate the location of the triggered detector. Zone map on wall next to alarm panel.
o ZONE 1 – Reception Area
o ZONE 2 – Male Changing Room
o ZONE 3 – Female Changing Room
o ZONE 4 - Studio
· If safe to do so, investigate the area to confirm the alarm is valid.
· If it is NOT valid – silence and reset alarm and immediately notify building security that it was a false alarm. There is no need to evacuate the building for a false alarm.
· If it is valid – continue with evacuation procedures
If a fire is discovered by a Sweat IT employee or client, immediately raise the alarm by activating the call point on the wall to the right hand side of the main entrance.
Only use fire extinguishers when you have received the necessary training and feel confident in doing so. Ensure it is safe to attempt to extinguish a fire i.e. there is a clear means of escape and the fire is small. Personal safety always takes priority and, if in any doubt, staff should not attempt to extinguish a fire.
· FOH will take charge and lead in the fire evacuation
· Make contact with building security and confirm the alarm is real, the fire brigade have been informed and evacuation is necessary
· Commence evacuation of the gym using either escape routes – ensure this is done in a calm and orderly manner.
· Make sure to sweep all areas within the gym – reception/staff room/kitchen/laundry room/studio and changing rooms – please ensure all toilets and shower cubicles are checked.
· Lifts are not to be used for evacuation
· Meet at the assembly point
· FOH to liaise with building security and/or fire service to confirm the area has been evacuated.
· Do not leave the assembly point until the Fire Brigade officer in charge gives permission
The escape routes from the basement are:
· Exit through the main building via stairs to Kingsway entrance
· Exit through the main entrance to Sweat IT via the stairs to Kean Street
FIRE ASSEMBLY POINT: Pret A Manger: 29-33 Kingsway, London WC2B 6UJ